The Company Profile
Alberto Righi founded the company in the heart of Bologna way back in 1929. The small factory looked over the ancient “Via Emilia” main road, which is very important for the city and for the region. Alberto Righi continued strenuously in his work, getting through some hard times and overcoming the war. It is here that he worked and raised his family, who continued in the same premises to produce high class cutlery and industrial blades.
In 1984 Righi moved from the historical factory to transfer its production facilities to the factory in Via Lidice in San Giorgio di Piano, just a few miles from Bologna. It is here that Righi Inox made one of the most important decisions of its history to discontinue its production of high class cutlery once and for all and to devote its skills and resources to manufacturing industrial blades. Righi Inox very soon won the trust of major industries and small enterprises that find the best ratio between the quality of the products and their price in this company.
It was however Alberto’s grandson , Sergio Righi, who carried the family-run company into the new millennium. Having consolidated the decision to produce just industrial blades, in 2001 the new factory in Via XXV Aprile was opened, again in San Giorgio di Piano, to back-up the previous factory. This choice was a MUST in order to meet the supply demands and the ever-increasingly shorter delivery times.